Mental Health is important



A person's mental state plays an important role in their job. My job as producer of this opening scene requires me to put myself and my mental health first. The stress on students right now is high. Currently at my school with the upcoming FSA, AICE, and finals has all teachers piling homework on students to prepare them for the exams. My mental health has been decreasing recently by causing me to have writing blocks and creative blocks that are required to film. Quarter three was a difficult time and during the winter break, I was not given the time to relax and fully give my brain a break. According to an article, I read," Tests give students anxiety which can worsen their performances. Many colleges and universities rely on testing when they’re going through applications. With so much riding on these tests and so much pressure put on students, it shouldn’t be surprising that their work isn’t always their best. Students who have more responsibilities outside of school, are in advanced classes or have extracurricular activities have a lower chance of doing well, and many parents and guardians are very concerned with their students performing well. Extra stress from parents and being generally overworked gives students a general dislike for school and the education system." As a producer, I have made the decision to put myself first for once and take care of my mental health even if it's only for one day. Faced with a mental health crisis that includes high levels of stress and worsening suicide rates among adolescents, some states are now allowing students to declare Mental Health Day. This is my way of declaring the use of a mental health day. According to an interview with a doctor," If your child needs time off because they are suffering from crippling anxiety or experiencing a behavioral health crisis, for example, it might not be appropriate for schools or families to label that as a “mental health day” — in fact, doing so might inadvertently minimize mental health disorders, Dr. Koplewicz said.  “Sick days are sick days, whether it’s physical or mental,” he added.  Taking a day to relax and recharge can be useful at any age, including for preschoolers, who are also susceptible to stress and exhaustion, said Jennifer Rothman, the senior manager of youth and young adult initiatives at the National Alliance on Mental Illness.  “Everyone has mental health, everyone,” she said. “Our kids are faced with so many things on a daily basis.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nights Behind the Scenes

Intro Blog for Music Video

My Final Music Video for The Nights